Sunday, June 13, 2010

Here goes nothin'

I've had this blog waiting in the wings for about a month now. Working on it, tweaking it, changing it.....everything possible to avoid actually using it. Ya see, this is my new healthy eating and living diary.
I'm pretty sure I could manage to find some other things that would make it better and cuter. I could come up with some totally lame excuse about how I have to wait until next week to start because there's a full moon coming or the house isn't clean enough to organize a healthy lifestyle. But....then it would be next week and I'd have to think of new excuses and more reasons to put off what desperately needs to be done.
So, I'm here. Cringing, really, because it's almost 12:30am and all I can think about is how I didn't have a good, high calorie, dripping in butter meal for my "last supper". Don't laugh, you know we all do it. The night before we start a diet, we eat our way though the most obnoxious things...as though, somehow, that's going to make eating healthy...easier. On the contrary, all it does for me is remind me of how much I really love food and how I can't wait until I fall off the wagon (again) and eat my little heart out.
I tried giving up fast food for lent with the logic that if I made it a promise to God Himself, I'd stick with it. That didn't work so well. I cheated, God cried.
So, in my twisted thinking I figured......"If I start a blog about my eating and exercising...and people I know actually READ it, I'll just HAVE to stick with it".
Oh my Lord, don't get your hopes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment