Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day Eight

Back to Monday...one full week complete. They say if you do something consistently for 3weeks, it becomes habit. Well, I think we're on our way. Tyler's drive in this is unshakable, I'm so proud of him. He's already thinking ahead to a sleepover this Sat. night and what sort of healthy snacks I can pack for him to bring. It's all about planning, I'm really learning that. Nothing impromptu....it just doesn't work.
Okay, so day 8.
For lunch today, Tyler, Tim, and I made homemade pizzas like we had done for dinner the other night. Those are great.
We did fruit for snack.
And for dinner I made turkey burgers. The best turkey burgers I've ever had. They were so yummy! Here's the funny thing.....I always knew that if you're going to go to using turkey to be healthy, extra lean is the only way to go. But what I didn't realize is just how true that is. I had some of that, and I also had a pound of lean turkey. I figured I'd mix the 2 together and make the burgers. Um...I don't think so. That lean turkey was so gross. It just felt fatty. I didn't mix the two..instead I made separate burgers and let the younger boys have that kind.
In my chopper (which I love) I put onion, green pepper, minced garlic,and zucchini.

It really loaded the burger and made it hearty.


I added some whole wheat spaghetti pasta with a touch of sauce over the top and some baked beans on the side. Total hit all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment