Monday, June 21, 2010

Day Seven

Today was Father's Day and I wanted to make nice meals without straying from our healthy plan. Done!
For breakfast we had some eggs, fresh fruit, and some blueberry muffins I made.

There is good news and bad news about the muffins. The good news is, they are only 67 calories a piece. The bad news is, nobody liked them. Not even Jason. I think they're fine, but they are definitely lacking in flavor. For me, they'll be fine for a breakfast or snack cuz they fill me up. So, back to the drawing board on finding a healthy muffin recipe. Other than that, breakfast was good.
For lunch we went to Subway. I got a 6 inch sub with turkey and cheese, but no oil or mayo, just veggies and vinegar. It was very good.
Dinner was delicious, if I do say so myself. I had thawed out a turkey a couple days beforehand that I had gotten back during the holidays. Instead of adding mashed potatoes with gravy and stuffing, I made some healthy alternatives. We had the same twice baked potatoes from the other night and then a really great zucchini side dish.

It tasted like fondue zucchini but without the batter and oil. Bonus! Add a salad and we have a really great turkey dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment