Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day Three

I've decided to not bother saying anything about breakfast unless it's something worth mentioning.....and considering I just had some string cheese today, I'm thinking that's not exciting enough to mention.

For lunch today we had wraps. The younger ones had it on bread, but Tyler, Timmy, and I had a wrap. Turkey or ham, cheese, tomato, pickles, and my favorite thing to add...some avacado. We also put a little bit of light ranch dressing.
I found these wraps that I absolutely love! They are not only great tasting, but very good for you. They're rectangle too which is so much better than buying a round tortilla. They have only 110 for the whole thing, 4 gr. of fat, and 7 gr. of fiber. This makes them 2 points if you're doing WW, but with 7 gr. of fiber, you could almost call it less.


Where I have to be careful is in the avacado. I try to put no more than about a quarter or third of a small one on my wrap. They are very high in calories and fat, but it's the good fat.....whatever that means. Heck, I'll take it.

For dinner, I put a roast in the crock pot at about 12:30pm. In the pot I started with a mixture of beef broth, sour cream, garlic, and fresh horseradish...quite a bit. I love the flavor of horseradish with a pot roast. I set the roast into the mixture and added onion and roasted red peppers from a jar. In few hours, I added baby carrots. I was going to add some potatoes, but forgot until it was too late in the cooking time and they never would have gotten finished. This ended up being a good thing because I tried a recipe that I found on a Weight Watcher's Blog called Broccoli and cheese skinny potatoes. By the time it's all done, all I'll need to add is a salad and we're set for a really great dinner (with great leftovers for Jay's lunch tomorrow).



I made a dessert for later in the evening that I knew would be a hit and be healthy. Bonus!
Berries were all 'buy one, get one' at the grocery store this week, so I loaded up. I think I might go back before the sale ends on Sat.
I made some instant, sugar free, vanilla pudding....covered it strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and bananas

and topped it with some cool whip

Some had it made with everything, some picked only a couple things. I actually had all of it....that never happens. I've always said I'm not a big fruit eater, but....I'm gonna work on that. So far, so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment