Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day Four

Today was one of those crazy days that makes you grateful for the convenience of fast food.....but since that doesn't quite fit into this new plan, we improvise. I'd like to say I improvised by bringing a snack in the car as I ran from appointment to appointment, or that I got a salad at McD's....but dang it, I caved. I got something for Tony and Tanner and then ordered myself a southern style chicken. ARGGG!! It's not even a grilled chicken. The one good thing is that it's small, has no mayo or bacon or anything, and I didn't even get fries.
So, I had 2 options at that point. Beat myself up and say 'screw it' to the rest of the day.....or stand up, brush myself off (remember that I'm human) and make the rest of the day great. I chose option 2.
For a snack, I opted for some cheese and crackers. I found these really yummy crackers that are sesame and wheat. I love sesame anything.

Here's the thing, they are only 115 calories for a serving of FIVE crackers....and the crackers are huge.

Five of these is probably the same as at least 10-12 Ritz, plus they fill you up more because they're more hearty. So, I only had 3 crackers, and then 2 wedges of Skinny Cow cheese (only 35 calories each and 1 point).
For the boys snack, I did something a little more exciting. I let them make their own fruit and cheese kabobs. I cut up apples, cantaloupe, strawberries, cheddar and pepper jack cheese and let them put it on their own skewers.

They thought that was pretty fun, and of course, yummy.

For dinner, I made something I've never made before...chicken parmesan. It was great and the boys loved it. I did a side of whole wheat pasta with a little sauce over the top and some broccoli. A perfect meal.

I think I'm getting the hang of this. I used to wake up and think about what sort of garbage I would eat today...now, I wake up and start planning out my whole day of healthy choices. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment