Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day Nine

This morning I grabbed some string cheese and a bland muffin.....yum.
For lunch we made those darn pizzas again. I know, I know this is 3 times in 4 days but they're really good. Trae and Tony wanted one this time so they made one with just pepperoni and cheese. They didn't really like them. Trae isn't much of a pizza eater, but I think he wanted to be a part of what we were doing so he tried it. They won't have them again, but Tyler and Timmy sure like them. Me too.
The kids were excited all day for snack time. I had told them we would make some chocolate or vanilla smoothies. I used the Melaleuca Attain mixes and added some stuff.
They all wanted a chocolate with peanut butter one, except for Tanner. He chose a vanilla with peaches in it. But....then he didn't like it so he had the chocolate one. I actually loved the vanilla/peach, so I had that one. They were really good. I dressed them up with a stick of licorice and viola....really fun snack.


For Dinner we had all leftovers. We are going to have at least one leftover night every week. Tues. or Thurs. would be best cuz I work those nights. We've been cooking so much that the fridge is full of great food to finish up.
Here is some good news to report. I think Jason is finally on board with this. I think he's seeing how committed we all are and wants to be a part of it. He'll always eat what I make for dinner and stuff, but then he'll do something at night that's not good for him so it ruins the healthy dinner. But on this night, I got home from work and the kids said they wanted a snack while watching America's Got Talent so I made some popcorn for them. Jay didn't want that but asked me if I could make him something healthy to snack on. I made him a plate with a serving of reduced fat Triscuits, 2 wedges of skinny cheese, and an orange.

He really liked it all. He said he couldn't remember the last time he ate an orange, but it really hit the spot. See, this plan isn't so bad.
Oh, and he and Tyler also went to the club and worked out. YAY! Tyler is a rock star and Jay is getting on the bandwagon. Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment